Homepage Drugs Trip Reports Verslaving Stimulanten Verdovende Middelen Tripmiddelen More...

Zamnesia banner   Drugs testen banner

In de toekomst zelf je drugs printen via 3D printer

Hier vind je alles wat niet bij één bepaalde drug hoort. Voor vragen over combinaties kun je het best in de subfora over de aparte drugs zoeken.

In de toekomst zelf je drugs printen via 3D printer

Berichtdoor Dislexsik » wo jul 04, 2012 8:19 pm

Ik weet niet of dit al ergens gepost was, anders delete maar.

Een artikel van Vice over je eigen drugs printen in de toekomst. :love:

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/in-the-f ... -a-printer

IN THE FUTURE, YOUR DRUG DEALER WILL BE A PRINTER
By Kevin Holmes

Drug dealers from the future look a lot friendlier

Scoring drugs is one of life’s great ballaches. Either a friend knows some guy who lives on some dodgy estate full of people sharpening their dog's teeth on park swings. Or you get them off some random in a club whose entire body is an event horizon for his giant pupils.

But don’t worry, it won’t always be this way. Scientists are working on a solution. That solution is 3D printed drugs. Instead of having to go and get drugs from the scary outside world you’ll be able to print custom drugs adapted to whatever your needs are, right there at home, in your bedroom. Surrounded by empty takeaway containers and a cat that will be stoned forever because everyone knows that cats can't release THC.

And you won’t buy drugs either, you’ll download apps. These apps will give you access to the blueprints that will give you what you need. And you won’t even need to worry about the legality of drugs any more, because there won’t be any drug laws, because drugs will be so tailored it’ll be impossible for the state to keep up without resorting to selling them itself.

The current drug economy where wars are waged and billions exchanged illegally will be a thing of the past. With with 3D printed drugs, we could enter a brave new world where taking any drug is as legal as drinking a cup of coffee. But even more customised. Which is fine, as long as we don’t all end up addicted to something that makes us want to eat each other’s faces off because the tandem effects make us feel like the sun.

But mostly, 3D printed drugs will be about being able to give people the medicine they need, customised just for them, to combat diseases that are currently incurable. From a family that's predisposed to some horrible, life-crippling disease? Then you’ll be taking combative drugs from birth. Hayfever sufferer? Then why not take this bespoke drug synthesised from local honey, you pussy. Plus we'll be able to wave goodbye to the corrupt big drug companies that are in cahoots with chemists, because as long as they're regulated, anyone who has a breakthrough will be able to market the drugs directly to the consumer.

I Skyped with Professor Lee Cronin – a scientist behind the technology at Glasgow University – to find out a bit more about this insane-sounding drug-printer.

VICE: Hi Lee. So firstly, can you briefly describe how the 3D printing of a drug works. You don't just print out a little pill, do you?
Lee Cronin: OK, I will try. Imagine the following: 1) you go to an online drug store; 2) you decide what you need (with GP prescription); 3) you buy both the blueprint and the ink; 4) the "ink" comes pre-sealed in a safe cartridge; 5) you print the drug with the special ink and the software; 6) you take the drug.

And what are the main benefits of this approach?
Well it's nice, because it allows you to deploy the drug more widely and now the software is the value, not the chemical. It removes the problem of counterfeit drugs, for example, and also opens up the way for personal medicine.

Lee Cronin in his lab.

How would personal medicine work, then?
Not telling I'm afraid, but watch this space.

*sad face*
OK, I can give just a wee hint. Imagine I had a new drug discovery platform that combined the features above. Imagine I had your genome, etc. The 3D printers and the chemistry kit would need to be widely available first, rather like smartphones today, but it is going to happen, there is going to be a revolution...

I agree, we will all soon have 3D printers in the home.
And the key is personal chemistry...

So people would have bespoke medicine based on their DNA?
Nope, not just that. I have a way of combining nature and nurture.

Can you elaborate a little?
Let’s just say I'm creating a biological time machine to work out what disease you are going to get as a function of nature plus nurture – and then create the drug to cure it.

So you'll look at their biological makeup and the life they've been born into and assess the likelihood of them developing certain diseases?
Sort of, yeah.

Could you see humanity living forever with these sorts of advances?
Not beyond any limit, I’m not into that stuff. My aim is to keep people healthy as long as possible.

And I guess this could have positive implications for poorer countries, too? Making drugs cheaper and more accessible?
Yes, indeed.

Could you foresee a kind of "maker industry" building up around pharmaceuticals, like we've seen in other areas of 3D printing? Amateur chemists experimenting with designer and prescription drugs?
Yes, it is like ARM technologies. In the future, we will not sell drugs, but blueprints or apps. These apps would be tested or validated in the lab before being deployed.

So how would you stop people abusing the technology, like drug dealers looking to manufacture drugs to sell on the street? Or even just curious chemists making recreational drugs for their friends to try?
Well, that would be limited I guess and how to do that is a debate that needs to be had. But it could work like with Apple securing the iPhone from unauthorised apps.

People can jailbreak an iPhone though, you'll always have people who can hack the technology.
But people can break into chemical labs and make their own stuff.

Sure, people illegally manufacture drugs now, but would it make it easier, more accessible, because you no longer need a lab?
No, that’s not right, since you just link the ink production and software and encrypt them. What you’re talking about is immensely complex in terms of ethics, regulation and personal freedom. But we could make sure the ink is so simple that any attempt to split it open and do things would not work. The amount made and the way it would be deployed would be on such a small scale that it would not be usable for other things.

How long do you think it will be before we get this technology in our homes? A few years? Decades?
Maybe ten-15 years? Who knows? Maybe five-ten.

Fucking great. Thanks, Lee.

Follow Kevin on Twitter: @stewart23rd

Read about Kevin's previous attempt to get high without the supply:

I Don't Need Drugs, I'm High on Light, Baby
Dislexsik
Belezen Gebruiker

Re: In de toekomst zelf je drugs printen via 3D printer

Berichtdoor Einstein » wo jul 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Erg zweverig artikel :#: Hoe hij dit nu eigenlijk wil gaan doen staat er dan ook niet in :snort:
Did: espresso, energy drink, jenever, sigaren
To do: meer espresso, energy drink, jenever en sigaren

Geloof het of niet, het heeft mijn derde oog geopend; ik zie wat ik zie in slowmotiondimensies
Einstein
Koos Kansloos
Donateur

Berichtdoor Stefaan » wo jul 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Je zal toch altijd een setje 'grondstoffen' nodig moeten hebben. Daar zal wel een enorme controle op komen.. Anders is drugs maken wel erg makkelijk en dat wordt vast niet toegestaan. :P Maar vooruitgang is soms een tussenstap voor nog meer vooruitgang!
Stefaan
Ja en nu?
Badass Junkie

Berichtdoor Dopamientje » wo jul 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Lijkt me sterk dat er zoiets zal komen.
Dopamientje
Badass Junkie

Berichtdoor Stefaan » wo jul 04, 2012 10:32 pm

Dopamientje schreef:Lijkt me sterk dat er zoiets zal komen.

De technologie zal er wel komen. Maar of dit toegankelijk is voor het publiek, dat denk ik niet nee.
Stefaan
Ja en nu?
Badass Junkie

Berichtdoor Einstein » wo jul 04, 2012 11:16 pm

Hoe dan? Moleculen printen uit 'inkt'? Laat me niet lachen :#:

Geloof het of niet, het heeft mijn derde oog geopend; ik zie wat ik zie in slowmotiondimensies
Einstein
Koos Kansloos
Donateur

Berichtdoor Stefaan » wo jul 04, 2012 11:20 pm

Ten eerste had ik nooit iets voor onmogelijk verklaard. :P Maar ik denk wel dat er ooit een manier gevonden wordt om dingen te printen. Natuurlijk niet met de inkt die je vandaag de dag hebt. ;) Maar 1 of andere container oid waaruit via chemische reacties verbindingen gevormd kunnen worden als "printproces" en de printer zo de correcte moleculen in elkaar sleutelt.

Ik ben ook geen expert op het gebied, maar heel ver gezocht is het denk ik niet. Zeker niet als je wat verder dan de nabije toekomst vooruit kijkt.
Stefaan
Ja en nu?
Badass Junkie

Berichtdoor Einstein » do jul 05, 2012 12:07 am

Mja, je kan niet zomaar elk molecuul in elkaar knutselen, hoe je het ook wendt of keert, daar heb je altijd gewoon de goede grondstoffen voor nodig. Tenzij iemand op een dag een manier vindt om met losse methyleengroepen aan de gang te gaan, dat zou wel tof zijn :woeh: Knexen met koolstofatomen :#:

Einstein
Koos Kansloos
Donateur

Berichtdoor Dislexsik » do jul 05, 2012 12:57 am

Ze waren hier toch al met bezig met nanotechnology?

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1ZggI7ftAQ
Dislexsik
Belezen Gebruiker

Berichtdoor Stefaan » do jul 05, 2012 2:20 am

Einstein schreef:Mja, je kan niet zomaar elk molecuul in elkaar knutselen, hoe je het ook wendt of keert, daar heb je altijd gewoon de goede grondstoffen voor nodig. Tenzij iemand op een dag een manier vindt om met losse methyleengroepen aan de gang te gaan, dat zou wel tof zijn :woeh: Knexen met koolstofatomen :#:

img

Daarom; verklaar niks voor onmogelijk. :)
Stefaan
Ja en nu?
Badass Junkie

Berichtdoor Einstein » do jul 05, 2012 9:08 am

Met nanotechnologie zou zoiets wel te flikken zijn :woeh: Alleen kan je dan nog niet zomaar naar wens élk molecuul uitspugen, lijkt me. :s

Einstein
Koos Kansloos
Donateur

Berichtdoor Eko » do jul 05, 2012 9:19 am

Als dit kan, kunt ge ook aan uw computer "Tea, Earl Grey, hot" vragen.
Momenteel zijn 3-d printers enkel beeldhouwers, zoals gewone printers schilders zijn. Een afbeelding van iets is niet het ding zelf, ceci n'est pas une pipe.
I remember feelin' like someone had peeled a layer away from my brain, and my reality was no longer anchored to any point of reference, and I had to fight to keep from being crushed under the weight of an unforgiving new paradigm of ultimate reality. (Jake the Dog)
Eko
-~○☼○~-
Badass Junkie

Berichtdoor Maddog » do jul 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Nu we het higgs-boson deeltje hebben gevonden gaat er een wereld open, volgende stap is daadwerkelijk elk molecuul maken wat we willen.
Maddog
Woef
Wijs Gebruiker

Berichtdoor Partypipo » do jul 05, 2012 9:27 pm

Dan print je ook al je eten, de snelste computer en een nieuwe auto, of wat?
Ted Bundy schreef:Mochten quotes van mede df'ers in je onderschrift plaatsen weer 'in' worden. Dan is deze de mijne.
Partypipo
Doneer-meneer
Badass Junkie

Berichtdoor Dopamientje » do jul 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Als je toch bezig bent: nieuwe organen, ledematen en een nieuw brein.
Dopamientje
Badass Junkie

Berichtdoor 1percent » do jul 05, 2012 10:45 pm

en natuurlijk bloedmooie vrouwen, zo in 3d uit je printer :love:
^ don't. Simply don't.
1percent
Belezen Gebruiker

Berichtdoor Dislexsik » do jul 05, 2012 11:39 pm

ILoveMDMA schreef:Dan print je ook al je eten, de snelste computer en een nieuwe auto, of wat?

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flTVtZ4wFvY

en eten word ook al geprint, wel very basic maar het word al gedaan...kheb zelfs al video gezien waar ze een voorbeeld laten zien om een laptop te printen
Dislexsik
Belezen Gebruiker

Berichtdoor Dislexsik » do jul 05, 2012 11:43 pm

wtfomg unreal
Dislexsik
Belezen Gebruiker

Berichtdoor Dopamientje » vr jul 06, 2012 1:31 am

1percent schreef:en natuurlijk bloedmooie vrouwen, zo in 3d uit je printer :love:

Of nog eentje erbij én een extra penis!
Dopamientje
Badass Junkie

• Gelijkaardige topics
    Reacties
    Bekeken
    Laatste post

Keer terug naar Drugs